It all started February 18th of 2008 when Wes randomly messaged me on Facebook! HAHA! If you're reading this, then you are very privileged to know that fact because Wes does not share that story often. After a series of random messaging over the next week or so, Wes managed to "happen" to be at Starbucks at AUM when I was there. We talked for a few minutes and I had to go. We had a few lunch dates and then finally had our first date on March 1st, 2008 at Olive Garden (our favorite restaurant). Pretty much after that we were inseparable! I remember after about our 3rd date I called up my grandmother, crying, and told her that I'd met my husband! When people tell you that you "just know" they are RIGHT! We both felt the same way about each other and in May, Wes arranged a trip for us to the Oak Mountain State Park in Birmingham. I knew something was up but, I would have never guessed on our hike on May 19th he would randomly ask me to marry him! I knew he'd probably ask me on that trip, but it was quite random how he did it! He also arranged an engagement party for us when we got back. It was really sweet! After that, it was a whirlwind of events until finally all planning was done and we were married on November 22, 2008. We love being married! We are so happy and love each other very much! We grow together everyday and learn something new everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment