This phrase kept repeating in my head all during church this morning. Needless to say, it was a quite emotional service. I really felt like God was speaking to me. All of the songs sang praises of His ability and sovereignty. All of our tiny worries seemed so vain. I guess I should first explain my and Wes's conversation before church. We were talking about babies. More specifically, whether or not I will work after they are born. My answer is no. Wes's was "more realistic". Needless to say, we got in a little tiff. I respect my husband wholeheartedly and I know he was trying to look out for us. We have no clue what our future might hold and our present financial situation is not one to be encouraged by. We were trying to figure out where our lives will go and where our bank total will go. We were so focused on OUR plans. What we failed to realize was GOD'S plans. As I said, the phrase: "I have faith in my God who is able" kept repeating over and over again in my head as soon as we found our seats in Frazer's contemporary service. All of the songs sang of his awesomeness and how mighty He is. All of the sudden it crashed upon me like a wave...if God can do such awesome things...surely and most assuredly He can make our budget available for me being a stay at home mom if He deems it so. As Christians, we know God takes care of us...but little by little this world sucks us in. We think WE are in charge. We determine our futures by going to college, we work to get that promotion, we do this, we do that. We forget the simplicity in trusting God. HE created us, HE knows where we are going and where He will allow us to go. It's actually getting out of our comfort zone sometimes to trust Him. We have our little pile of worries and dreams and plans and God is just saying maybe if you drop those for a second, I'll really blow your mind. After the service, I told my husband that I respected him. I believe that is important. I do. I also told him with tearful eyes what God had told me in church. We both agreed that before our children are even born, we will give them to God. Their furtures, our plans, our money, their lives. This will definitely be an everyday thing. We need to remind ourselves everyday who is really in charge. It is so easy to get smoke screened and believe that we are. We came home and had a great evening. While on the computer I checked my e-mail. I was deleting some spam mail when I read an e-mail entitled "Financial Aid Status". I had not seen that e-mail until today. I checked it and found that I received a Pell Grant. We will not have to pay for my school this year. I will graduate with no more loans. Already, God is showing us who is in charge and who will take care of us. I praise God and I have faith in my God who is able.
Ephesians 3:20-21 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment