Saturday, October 17, 2009
Update on Wes
As most of you know, my husband had a seizure Wednesday. He was at school handing out grades and his hands started shaking. His students told him that he looked very pale. When he felt he was about to pass out, he went to the nurse's office. The nurse tried to hold his hands still, but they would not stop shaking. She called me at 9:30am and told me the situation. I was in my car and on the road at 9:39am to a ONE HOUR journey to his school. I put my flashers on and flew to Autaugaville. On my way, I called my mother-in-law. Wes used to have seizures when he was 17 and they thought he had grown out of them. I asked my mother-in-law how those seizures were. What she described was exactly what the nurse had described. In that moment, I knew he had had a seizure. When I finally arrived to Autaugaville High School, I found Wes lying down on the couch in the nurse's office. His color looked good. The nurse told me that his tremors lasted for about 20 min and he had been fine since. We helped Wes up and tried to walk him to my car. He began to walk very crooked and talk like a drunk man. I ended up bringing my car to the side of the school. Wes got in and was still acting very disoriented. He continued to act disoriented until about 30 min after he got into the car. He did not remember much after he left the nurse's office. This confermed to me that he had a seizure. My brother had seizures when he was younger and would act very disoriented afterwards. I took Wes to the Baptist East ER. There, we sat for 3 hours waiting for results of several tests the nurses took. In the end, all of the tests returned fine, which was great. The Dr. concluded that he had a partial complex seizure and decided to put him on seizure medication. The doctor also made Wes an appointment with a neurologist for November 5th. Wes is adjusting to the medication alright. It just really makes him groggy. Please continue to pray for him. It was all very scary and we are very anxious about the appointment in November. Thank you so much for your sweet comments and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment