Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Loosing My Wisdom...


Well, I finally bit the bullet and had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday! What a ride! LOL. I was so nervous and scared! It was the first "surgery" I have ever had. I kept telling Wes "Now, if I die please take care of our animals...my family...etc." Well it really wasn't that bad. I didn't die...hence this blog...(Thank you, Wes for praying with me before everything! It really helped me to calm down! God was definitely holding my hand through the whole surgery.) Anesthesia is some cool stuff. Once they finally hooked the IV up (my veins were small because I was cold), they started shoving stuff on me and covering me up and shoving stuff in my mouth. The nurse looked down at me and said you'll be getting real sleepy in the next few minutes...I was thinking "Yeah, right! I'm still awake!" Well, the next thing I knew, they were taking everything off of me and I had gauze shoved all in my mouth. They said, "Ok! It's all done! Let's take you to your car!" I couldn't believe it was over. Wes was waiting in the car and I looked real stupid with all that gauze in my mouth when I smiled at seeing him. On the way home, he stopped and got my meds and to my surprise, I was not delirious at all. I wasn't even that sleepy. Wes came back with my meds and a cute puppy stuffed animal (I am a child, because this really thrilled me). When I got home, I took my antibiotic and Loratab and was off to dream land with my stuffed puppy and real puppy (my chihuahua) at my sides. I mainly watched movies (kiddie movies) and slept. The pain didn't really hit me until this morning at 6am. The right side is swollen and achy because the bottom tooth had to be chopped up unlike the others that were easily pulled. I am very thankful that all went well. I just pray for a very fast recovery because tomorrow is my first intern seminar at AUM, Thursday I meet my intern teacher, and Monday, internship starts! Please pray for a speedy recovery! Thanks for reading (sorry if it sounds silly because I'm kind of medicated) and thanks for the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. glad that you didn't die! I still have to have that done! I am a big chicken! Hope you recover quickly and are healed when internship starts!

    ReplyDelete