
Wes and I have been following the recent developments of Jon and Kate. We've been watching the show since we've been together (Wes, not so voluntarily, lol). We have taken their story as a lesson to ourselves. It is SO easy to take each other for granted! (Especially if you've got a smash hit show on TLC, a 1.3 million dollar house, and all the fame that follows.) In my opinion their relationship has been spiraling down for a while now. Just by body language and the way they talk (and yell) proves it. While Wes and I definitely have fights of our own, I hope I am NEVER so blind to not see his discomfort or his drifting away like Kate has. Just watching the episodes and her explosive selfishness makes ME feel bad! I wonder if she ever looks at herself objectively (YouTube--Jon and Kate "ugly moments"). After watching those, I began to reflect on my own attitudes and choice of words in my own relationship. How can she ignore all of this is beyond me...maybe she justifies it in her own mind.
Jon seems to be a very submissive person who just wants everyone to be happy (this is just my opinion based off of almost every episode of their show, I do not by any means know him personally). Kate has ran him over time and time again to where he is just exhausted and ready to give up. As evident from last season's finale, Jon is ready to quit this fiasco and go back to normal life. While it is true what they said, they really can't ever go back, Jon is crying out for Kate to see what this is doing to him. Seemingly, she doesn't care. She said that SHE wanted to keep going. From a wife's point of view, WAKE UP KATE! You're husband is dying! When's the last time you've cared about HIS needs? Kate says that her main priority is the kids. Maybe this was the mistake to begin with. From all the pastors and bible studies I've heard, it is your husband that comes first, then your kids. Don't get me wrong, children are SUPER important and are definitely a HUGE priority! But in my beliefs, it is the husband and wife relationship that is the ROCK and foundation of the family. If that crumbles, the whole family falls. That has definitely been my experience in my own family--my parents divorced when I was 15 years old. Just looking at all the stuff Kate's OWN BROTHER is saying (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/05/exclusive-new-interview-kate-gosselins-family-blasts-tv-mom) is just proof that the Gosselin family is just spinning out of control. I mean a contract that they can see other people as long as they continue filming? WhAt??!! I mean, are you kidding me? And Kate still says "everything I do is for my children". Um...maybe not... I, by no means, know this family personally, but from what I have seen, I am definitely taking notes and lessons for my own marriage. NO marriage is perfect, but we can strive to be the best we can. God compares his realtionship to us to marriage. Now that I am married, I can definitely see why. Marriage is a commitment. It is a choice, a commitment, a decision, a way of life. Everyone is going to have bad days. Everyone has stressful situations. Marriage IS hard. I am NOT going to pretend that it's not. BUT, in the end it is a vow, a commitment, and a choice. I choose to love Wes everyday for who he is despite my stresses and disappointments. YES, there are days that are super hard! We have even talked about how terribly HARD it would be if 8 kids were involved. BUT, just as God chooses to love us no matter what and never forsake or turn his back on us, so should husband and wives. I am sure there are times God is wondering why in the world He created me and why He gave his only Son for my horrible, terrible sins, BUT it is a love and commitment that is deeper than anything in this world. I do not know Jon and Kate, but I feel I have sort of gotten to know them and their family through their show and I just pray for the sake of their marriage and their children (their REAL life) and their influence on others, that they wake up and see the light. I pray God does a big work in their lives. No one is perfect. God still loves them of course! And I am sure He is hurting just as bad as we are to watch them go down the toilet. I just keep thinking that years from now we're going to see their children in an interview with Oprah about how psychologically affected they are. :( C'mon and see what you are doing Jon and Kate! I know the fame is tempting (I can only imagine), but remember Who you are living for and live for Him! This has just been on my mind for the last couple of days. Thanks for reading. Their story can definitely be something to learn from, I just pray they see things before it is too late.




We watch that show a LOT, too. Betty Clair had a hard time accepting that he was really cheating. Very "interesting" scenario all around, though. You're very correct in that a lot can be learned from it. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, thanks for "following" my blog! It took me a while to figure out who Rockinpinkzebra was, though.